Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Maggie's Cooking Birthday Party


The cooking for Maggie's party started weeks before the actual party. Maggie and I made cupcakes for all her friends as part of the invitation.

Maggie wanted to make cookies to give each of her friends. She has so much fun rolling out the dough and using flower cookie cutters to make the cookies. After the cookies cooled, Maggie covered the cookies in red icing then she used white icing to write the first letter of each guests name. She did a great job with the letters.

Everything is ready, now we just need her friends to arrive! I had so much fun preparing for Maggie's party. I used scrapbook paper to make the birthday banner and search all over for pink and green decorations.

I wanted to make Maggie look special for her party so I used an extra apron and some fabric I already had to make her this cupcake shirt.
The Little Chefs really enjoyed the aprons and hats. I found the girls aprons on celerance and bought an adult matching apron and use that to put the details on the hat. The boys aprons and hat details are made from a table cloth I found at Target.

I can't believe she's 5 already, where has the time gone?

1 comment: